Telemeta : collaborative multimedia asset management system
Telemeta is a free and open source collaborative multimedia asset management system (MAM) which introduces fast and secure methods to archive, backup, transcode, analyse, annotate and publish any digitalized video or audio file with extensive metadata. It is dedicated to collaborative media archiving projects, research laboratories and digital humanities - especially in ethno-musicological use cases - who need to easily organize and publish documented sound collections of audio files, CDs, digitalized vinyls and magnetic tapes over a strong database, through a smart and secure platform, in accordance with open web standards.
Telemeta stands for Tele for "remote access" and meta for "metadata".
- Secure archiving, editing and publishing of audio files over internet.
- Pure HTML web user interface including dynamical forms and smart workflows
- "On the fly" audio analyzing and transcoding thanks to TimeSide
- Smart dynamical and skinnable audio player with annotations
- Collaborative indexing with semantic ontologies and timecoded markers
- Multi-format support : FLAC, OGG, MP3, WAV, MP4, WebM (video) and more
- User management with individual desk, lists, profiles and rights
- Playlist management for all users with CSV data export
- Geo-Navigator for audio geolocalization
- High level search engine
- DublinCore compatibility
- OAI-PMH data provider
- RSS feed generators
- XML and ZIP serialized backups
- EPUB3 "audio book" collection exporter
- SQLite, MySQL, PostgreSQL or Oracle DB backends
- Multi-language support (now english and french)
- Run on any OS
Funding and support
To fund this long time libre and open source project, we need your explicit support. So if you use Telemeta in production or even in a development or experimental setup, please let us know by:
- staring or forking the project on GitHub
- tweeting something to @parisson_studio or @telemeta
- drop us an email <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Thank you so much for your help!
API / Documentation
- Official website: http://telemeta.org
- Publications : https://github.com/Parisson/Telemeta-doc
- API : http://files.parisson.com/doc/telemeta/
- Player : https://github.com/Parisson/TimeSide/
- Example : http://archives.crem-cnrs.fr/archives/items/CNRSMH_E_2004_017_001_01/
Bugs, issues, ideas
And remember: even if Telemeta suits you, please give us some feedback. We need your support!
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Affero General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Affero General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
République de l'Equateur, Amérique du Sud, Amérique
Madagascar, Afrique orientale, Afrique